Workin From Home and Lovin it

I enjoy sharing information I have or have received from others. Just grab a cup of coffee or tea and sit back. I hope you enjoy your visit!!! Have A Blessed Day!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Memphis, TN, USA (Hometown), Crawley, West Sussex, United Kingdom

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Dr. A. Rodgers-Bellevue Baptist-We Will Miss You!!!

I thank God that at this time I can be thankful of having heard so many of Dr. Rodgers sermons. No matter where I have gone he has always seemed to be a part of my life! I never got a chance to tell him that face to face but in spirit I know he knew! I was born and raised in Memphis, Tn. I grew up with Dr. Rodgers in so many ways!

I know I could blog about so many things but for me at this point of healing I never realized how powerful writing what I feel has been for me! Lord please forgive me for being selfish but there is so much I have to be thankful for. As I write this post I am listening to the memorial services on the radio. I couldn't get to his service the other night since I live in Memphis.

I remember passing Bellevue Baptist Church back while I drove to college back in 1972. I remember hearing him and seeing him on TV way before then. If we couldn't make it to church , Dr. Rodgers helped bring church to us. We thank You! He was one of the few pastors my family admired. I say that because we attended other churches and of a different race and probably had different political issues...I'm not sure??? nevertheless , that is one of the things that made Dr. Rodgers so special was it didn't matter...he had a special annointing of God on him so strong that you just jnew it. While traveling and living elsewhere it seemed that Dr. Rodgers was always around, while I lived in Chicago and attended Moody Church,I was so delighted that he was friends to the pastor and visited several times. Also, whereever I was and turned my favorite radio station on AM 640 I could hear him. I was honored to have been able to attend his new and moved beautiful large Bellevue Baptist Church last year to the live performance of the Passion Play.

Another special bond, I knew that came from his annointing and blessing was an older man I will not mention his name but he helped write sermons for Dr. Rodgers. This man I met in my neigborhood library. We bonded so and we have encouraged each other to continue our writing. You would never know by looking at him but he goes to the library almost every other day and he always has a large black bible on his table spread out with all his writing papers. This man encouraged me from the start when I was struggling with the loss of both my parents. This man I saw in the grocery store about two weeks ago and was so proud when I told him my book dedicated to my parents and brother is in the process of being published. I know now I need to contact him. I need to allow my love and respect for Dr. Rodgers which I have always felt through this lonely old man to live on.... Dr. Rodgers, I love you and I thank God for you and your teachings and preachings...may you continue to be in peace with the lord and may your family have the strength to endure...

Love Tempie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home